In the episode “WSR054 Paläobiotechnologie und Räuber-Beute Beziehungen” of the Podcast “Wirkstoffradio” Pierre and Bernd Rupp discuss very comprehensively and easily-to-follow a bunch of connected topics in natural product research.
- What is Paleobiotechnology and how to analyze paleontologic samples
- How to find microbes and natural products in those ancient samples
- Predator-prey relationships of amoeba and their bacterial food
- Other microbial interactions
- Various exciting examples (be it rare but fatal diseases, social behaviour of amoeba…)
- Impact of natural products
- and more…
Listen to the whole episode here! Note: This podcast in German.
You will find a comprehensive list of links to further informative literature in the show notes!